This is a special bonus episode, to update you on a big change Facebook is making for advertisers who are creating and using custom audiences from customer files.
Who’s affected by the change?
- Anyone running ads through a personal ad account connected to your personal profile on Facebook
- If you're creating custom audiences based on customer files (eg email lists) and using them to target your ads
- Need to switch to Business Manager to continue to do so.
Key dates for the switch
- by 15th October to continue creating custom audiences from customer files.
- by 31st October for using these audiences in ads.
What is Business Manager
This is a separate business account for your Facebook advertising, to which you connect any ad accounts or business pages you want to use to advertise on Facebook.
Starting the Switch
- Go to your personal ads manager account, then select audiences. If you’re using custom audiences, you’ll see a notification from Facebook about the switch.
- Click the connect button
- If you don’t see the notification, but still want to set up Business Manager, go to business.facebook.com
Accessing Your Business Manager Account
You can access your account from your own Facebook personal profile, via the dropdown menu at top right of your home page.
Thanks for being here!
To share your thoughts on the podcast:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Or DM me on Messenger or Instagram
- Share this show on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. I read each one personally, and would love to give you a shout out on the show
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Right click here, and save as to download this episode to your computer
Connect with me on Social Media
Are you interested in learning more about Facebook Advertising? Visit me on the following channels: